Tuesday, August 28, 2012

In Peace I Will Lie Down and Sleep





Answer me when I call to You,
   my Righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
   have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

2  How long will you people turn my glory into shame?
    How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?

3  Know that the Lord has set apart His faithful servant for Himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him.

4  Tremble and do not sin;
    when you are on your beds,
    search your hearts and be silent.

5  Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
    and trust in the Lord.

6  Many, Lord, are asking, "Who will bring us prosperity?"
    Let the light of Your Face shine on us.

7   Fill my heart with joy
    when their grain and new wine abound.

8  In peace I will lie down and sleep,
                for you alone, Lord,
                             make me dwell in safety.





No comments:

Post a Comment