Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You are a Shield Around Me

Psalm 3

    A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son

  1 O LORD, how my adversaries have increased!

      Many are rising up against me.

2  Many are saying of my soul,

     “There is no deliverance for him in God.”

                         Selah.

 3 But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,

      My glory, and the One who lifts my head.

4   I was crying to the LORD with my voice,

      And He answered me from His holy mountain.

                         Selah.

5 I lay down and slept;

      I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.

6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people

     Who have set themselves against me round about.

 7 Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God!

      For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek;

     You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.

 8 Salvation belongs to the LORD;

     Your blessing be upon Your people!

                         Selah.



~  Now You.  Go.  Be a Shield to Someone Else.

We know you can do it.


References

(1) Girlfriends in GodTo subscribe to their daily devotionals, email them at krks@salemradiomail.com

(2) New American Standard Bible (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment